Small Group HOSTs
One of the key ingredients for any small group is having someone who is willing to start it and facilitate it each week. We like to refer to this person as the small group HOST. If you are a follower of Christ who has a heart for helping others connect and grow spiritually, then we encourage you to step out and start a group.
H eart for others
O pen up their home
S erve a snack
T ell others about the group
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably for two years or more)
- A HOST must be a member of Olive Branch or commit to attending the Join the Family membership class within 90 days
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Preferably have been in a small group in the past
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
*If you have any current habitual struggles or moral issues (e.g., drugs, alcohol, cohabitation, etc.) that would bring shame on the name of Jesus Christ or on Olive Branch, or if you're facing a current serious marital struggle (e.g., infidelity, separation, divorce in process, etc.), then now may not be the time to start a group.