Be part of a team that is committed to helping others Love, Live, and Share Christ wherever they go.
Student Ministries Director
To teach and train students in their Christian faith, to organize, develop, and supervise a comprehensive, evangelistic, and active Student Ministry for grades 6-12.
Please email your resume and completed job application to [email protected]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the current vision and strategy for Student Ministries.
- Plan and execute junior high and high school ministry programs mid-week and weekends.
- Plan and execute junior high and high school outreach and serving events/opportunities. Includingbut not limited to 3 outreach events per year to reach new students from the area and a minimumof 3 serving events annually.
- Plan and execute junior high and high school student discipleship pathway.
- Message preparation and preaching. Trains up a team to delegate youth speaking opportunities
- Establish and develop relationships with students and parents. Holds a minimum of 2 parentmeetings per year.
- Recruit, train, and establish relationships with volunteer leaders.
- Develop, maintain, and steward department annual expense budgets within available resources.
- Create and manage student ministries calendars.
- A member of Senior Pastor’s teaching team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Earning or Earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of student ministry experience of an internship level or higher.
- Demonstrates desire to reach and lead young people where they are at and help them to Love Christ, Live Christ, and Share Christ wherever they go.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Core Values, and Staff Behaviors of Olive Branch Community Church.
- A Christian Testimony, teachable spirit, and practices sound judgment.
- Self-Initiator with a strong work ethic.
- Self-motivator, creative, flexible, and honest.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to build a team of volunteers to subsidize weaknesses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience preparing and teaching biblical messages.
- Able to build creative programming related to student programs and special events.
- Able to lead teams (volunteer and/or staff) in connecting with students for outreach and discipleship.
- Thrives under work environment with goals, accountability, and collaboration.
- Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- Able to handle confidential matters with excellence.
- Signed Statement of Faith.